Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nursery and Fishies

Today was Jessica's first day of nursery (at our church; 18 months-3 years). When we dropped her off, she just waltzed right in and started playing with the toys. I can't say I was surprised - I kind of expected it to be easy since she's just such a good little thing. But then I'm sitting in Primary (for the older kids at church) trying to keep a 3 year old from freaking out when I hear bawling getting closer and closer. In came a nursery leader with Jessica. Poor thing. I think she just got a little overwhelmed. But I got her calmed down and we headed back to nursery where she was able to stay without incident for the remainder of the time.

Laura and Jessica before church on Jessica's first day in nursery!

It's hard to believe she's such a big girl. This event got Michael and I looking at some old videos of her. Hard to believe it hasn't been too long since she used to look and act like this:



We spent a couple of days this weekend up in LA with Michael's family. We took Jessica to this cool aquarium on the Manhattan Beach Pier. She loved looking at all the "fishies."




She is simply the sweetest little girl I have ever known. I feel so lucky to be her mommy.

1 comment:

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

Yay for nursery! I remember when Will started. I had to stay with him for the first 3 Sundays because he didn't want me to leave. But he loves it now. I'm sure Jessica will have a blast. I can't believe how much she's changed since you took that video. She's such a cutie. Love you guys!