Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Potty Time at the Park


Last night I started to feel super sick. I went to sleep about 7:00p and slept in until 6:30 or 7:00a. I still wasn't feeling great, so poor Jessica had to miss out on our usual Tuesday morning story time at the library. By mid-afternoon we had both been cooped up all day, so I decided that we should take a trip to the park. I had one more place to go afterwards and I really didn't want to have to stop off at home for Jessica to take a potty break. She refuses to use public bathrooms ever since an automatic flusher went off unexpectedly. So we went into the bathroom at the park and in one of the stalls I had her use her sand bucket instead. That's right - she peed in her sand bucket. Being a mom sure changes the way you do things. :) Don't worry - it got rinsed out really good there, and cloroxed out when we got home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be careful, she might think that her bucket is a great potty and so you might want to check it before turning it over, sticking your hand in it, you might get a special surprise!

hales said...

Genius. Might make it easier at the beach too. :-)

Amberlynn said...

Awwww...Motherhood! ;)

Chantal said...

Sand bucket good idea!
When Katie or Brian need to go and we are far from a bathroom I put a one of Susan's diapers in there underwear and let them go there. Then just throw away the full pee pee diaper.
We had to do that with Brian a few weeks ago on the ferry from Coronado island to the Bay. It works well.