Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Growing up too Fast

I've decided that I'm trying to make Jessica grow up too fast. Don't get me wrong - I love her being little, but I've noticed that I'm trying to rush some things. Like the fact that she already knows/recognizes all of her capital letters, numbers 1-9 (can count up to 10), and her colors. Obviously that's not a bad thing, I just hope she's doing it because it's fun for her and not because I'm putting pressure.

Also, as I mentioned before, she learned how to climb out of her crib. So I've been toying with the idea of getting her in a big bed. So I took her crib mattress and set it out. We put her to bed in her pack-n-play, then when we went to bed we just transfered her out to the other bed. Here's what it looked like:

We surrounded her with pillows because we were nervous. She did AWESOME! She slept out there the whole night, no problems. So we tried it again last night. About midnight she managed to climb up into our bed and then wouldn't go back to her bed. Eventually I just put her in the pack-n-play. I think maybe she's just not ready.

For a while now, when we get ready to put Jessica in the tub for her bath we sit her on the toilet before and tell her to "go." She actually did the other day and I got SOO excited. So I started looking into potty training and all that. Never mind the fact that we're moving in just a couple months or that she's not even 1 1/2 yet. Michael convinced me that it would be much better to wait until this fall when we're settled into a place and she's a little older. Probably best.

So for the time being she is going to sleep in her crib and do the diaper thing. Maybe we'll try the big kid bed thing again this summer, but unless she all of a sudden shows a lot of interest in the other, we'll be sticking with diapers. She deserves to be allowed to be little for a while longer.

Oh, and a few people have told me they want to see my new dishes that I got from Michael's splurge purchase. They're just cheap plastic ones, but I love them. I think square plates are the best! There are bowls too. I got a couple of a few colors so that they coordinate, but don't all look totally the same.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love your dishes. I can't believe how smart Jessica is. I baked the cakes in a pampered chef batter bowl and just used a little of the extra cake to make a point on top.