Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day!!

I love Valentine's Day! It's just a perfect day to have fun and show those around you how much you love them. Since Feb. 13th is our half anniversary, we go out on a date just the two of us that night. This year we were a little tight on time with little Chan-Man at home, so we went to Smoky Mountain for pizza. It was just nice to have some time with the man I love so much! Thanks babe! Our first Valentine's Day together (while we were dating) Michael made me heart-shaped pancakes for dinner with sparkling cider. It's a tradition we've kept ever since. We love that it's a tradition we can share with our kids as well.

Michael doing his best Michael Scott impersonation


The beautiful pancakes


Another tradition that I've done is something I call "14 days of Valentine's." For each of the days of February leading up to Valentine's Day I give Michael some kind of a small present. Usually it's just a little treat. It's always fun to come up with ideas. For Valentine's Day itself I got him the book "Applied Economics." It may sound lame to get him an econ book, but he's wanted it for a while and I think he really liked getting it.


I have been so lucky this month. I have a new beautiful little baby and I couldn't ask for anything more. I made Michael promise to count the new shoes he let me get be part of my Valentine's gift. He also got me a thing of 3 Musketeers Mint (super yummy, if you haven't tried them), and a nursing cover I've been wanting to get. Thanks babe! You're the best and I love you!


We got Jessica a little stuffed frog and she LOVES him! We love you so much Jessi-bug!

6 comments:

Rumsey's said...

Pancakes and cider is so cute! I've loved catching up with you through your blog.

Way to go with baby #2 so far! That's awesome and he is beautiful.

Rumsey's said...

Just noticed your calendar at the bottom of your blog. That is so cute I think we'll copy you. (If I can figure out how to put that up...)

Gary and Michelle said...

Happy Valentine's Day! We made sugar cookies and delivered them to widow's in our ward. My kids love to do the "knock and run".

I can't get enough of the baby pictures. That little guy is soooo cute.

Cheri said...

Michael, that picture of you... awesome. Hope you enjoyed your new little Valentine.

Nicole said...

What a fun, cute idea! I might have to borrow that 14 days of V-day from you.

hales said...

That's a cute tradition of celebrating Valentines Day.