Monday, April 21, 2008

Saying Goodbye to San Diego, Part V

I guess this isn't really a "true" "Saying Goodbye to San Diego" post since the whole family didn't go, but Laura and Jessica loved their trip to the San Diego Zoo today (thanks Kim) while I worked on finishing my exciting Idaho Water Law research paper due tomorrow. Laura would be the best one to write about the fun adventures, but she's in bed with the flu and I needed a break from Idaho's procedural aspects of administering water delivery calls by senior appropriators against junior groundwater pumping irrigators (don't tell me you didn't just get shivers).

Since I don't know the full stories behind the pictures. I'll post the pictures now and when Laura's feeling better she can insert the descriptions and funny stories later. Enjoy.
It's Laura now. Luckily I don't think I had the flu, but man did I feel sick. I guess I just needed some sleep. Poor Michael having to deal with me and Jessica during finals. He's so good to us.

But yes, the zoo was super fun. The first thing Jessica said this morning was, "Animals again?" If we're back in San Diego next year we will definitely have to invest in a year zoo pass.

Jessica with some "monkeys" - i.e. the chimpanzees.


Outside of the gorillas were these cool statues. What can I say, Jessica's a loving little girl.
I think she named this bad boy "Peterson"


Telling the flamingos to shush
Well, kind of. Actually we showed her some ducks in there that were sleeping. "Shhhh, quiet!"


The elephants were really big and really noisy (oh, did I mention smelly). But Jessica just loved them and wasn't at all scared or intimidated.


The giraffes were one of her favorite. She's still talking about them.


And I just had to include this post-zoo pic too. I came home to work on the paper just as Jessica woke up from her nap and Laura decided she needed a nap. I was busy ignoring Jessica while writing until I hear her nervous whimper. Despite our best effort to pack in such a way as to deter this activity, she'd found just enough footholds to get to the top, but not to get down. I took this right before grabbing her and doing a little more reorganizing. I think she learned a little something from the monkeys today.

5 comments:

hales said...

And you're worried about her sneaking out and eating raspberries??? :-)

Cheri said...

Is Jessica feeling better (looks like it)? Did you get what she had?

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

What a fun mother/daughter outing. I love watching little kids with animals. I hope you feel better soon, Laura. I've also been feeling a little sick lately, so I feel your pain. I'm glad you have such a great husband to take care of you.

Amanda said...

I haven't been really sure my boys are old enough to enjoy the zoo, but I guess they are. Looks like you had a ton of fun. Good luck on finals Micheal! David's in the same straights right now.

Darger Party of 3 said...

Peterson would get a little jealous of the Gorillas...but Peterson likes to kiss all the statues too. Silly kids. What a fun age!!! See what I mean about comments...We are going to miss you guys so much. I only wish we had taken more opportunities to get together. We will keep in touch through blogs and emails. You are such a great mom and friend!!!