Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yum!

Michael and I went to dinner over at some friends from Michael's work last night. For dessert they made us these apple dumplings. I'm not really an apple dessert kind of a person, but these were AWESOME! I know the whole Mountain Dew thing sounds a little weird, but give them a try. You will not be disappointed.

Um, just a little FYI: peel your apples. I know, I know - obvious right? I guess I just wasn't thinking tonight. Oh well, they were still good.






Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings

Ingredients

* 2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls

* 3-4 tart apple

* 1 1/2 cups sugar

* 1/2 cup butter

* 1 teaspoon cinnamon

* 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda

Directions
1. Spray a 13x9 baking dish or pan.

2. Peel and slice apples into 16 pieces.

3. Roll each apple slice in 1 section of crescent roll.

4. Place rolled slices in pan in two rows, put extras along side.

5. Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples.

6. Pour can of Mountain Dew over all.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

8. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

Skylette said...

Yum, sounds so good! By the way, your hair is so cute! I loved it at the softball game!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made it last night for everyone and it was great!

Cyndi said...

I am trying these tonight for FHE. We'll see how they turn out. I am so excited about it that I can hardly stand it! HEHE I am just a little giddy. NO I haven't already started in on the Mountain Dew!