Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Miss California!

Don't get me wrong, I love it here in good old Idaho too. But I just get in such a dilemma as to where I really want to end up someday. There are good things about everywhere I guess. It's just hard to find the right balance between affordability, good work environment, good area to raise a family, and on and on. A lot is just going to depend on where we get job offers. But how can you not love the beach, the awesome weather, the fact that there is always something to go and do, etc etc. Yeah, I'd miss snow... on Christmas. But I guess in a bigger city I'd miss Michael more, since he's probably have to work a lot more hours. We'll see. Why can't there just be an easy answer? Maybe we'll just move to Honduras, like Michael wants. Oh the decisions!! :)

Michael Insert: Well, about this Honduras thing...I think the only time I want to LIVE there is during law school finals when I just feel the need to throw the books away and live in the jungle (like those Brazilian, "lets shoot the airplane with our bows and arrows" tribe). However, once finals are over, I'm content to just visit my beloved Hondo. Just wanted to make that clear.

7 comments:

Dad said...

oooohhhh, I know, I know. I know the answer. . .

Cheri said...

Yeah, it's a hard call...you CAN do both though. "Pay your dues" in the big city and then settle in Idaho. That's what we're doing (well, minus the Idaho part). :)

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

You know, Honduras really is a nice place. Beautiful country, nice climate, etc. I would go with Michael on that one. ;D

Billy

K.C. said...

Don't worry about it. I know that is ironic coming from the Queen of worrying about things, but, you guys know your options, and the right thing will fall into place. Take your teach for america, Merrill Lynch, move 19 times experience. You'll end up in the right place and frankly it is probably something you haven't even thought of yet :) Like did you know the Coast Guard has their own JAG corps? My guess is it is much easier to get into than Army/Navy/Air Force, and their student program is way more generous than the other services. They don't deploy at all except for random groups sent to Iraq because they are better at boarding ships than anyone else. But anyway, don't stress about it. You will have to make a decision at some point, but not right now. So you just have to be sure you are doing the things you need to to make the decision, like reading scriptures, praying, you know the drill, and everything will fall into place. Frankly though, I'm with Billy on this one, and unlike him, I have been to Hondo. Hang in there sissy, you are still so young and have so much to do still :)

nymanzanita said...

Michael...I got your your message on Facebook...looks like you and your cute little family are doing well. Congrats on almost being done with Law School! Your little girl is super, super cute! I am still in NYC...just got back from another trip to El Salvador last week. You'll have to take your wife to Honduras...it sounds like she would really like to visit there. Can you believe it has been so many years since we were in the MTC? Wow! Well, Take care and thanks for saying, Hi. "Hermana Munroe" Sandra

Darger Party of 3 said...

We miss you too!!!!! I cannot help I am moving to NYC....but you know my vote. Miss ya!!

Amberlynn said...

We miss you too! Come back! :)