Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween 2013

So, even though Florida is very south, it's definitely not "The South." I knew that coming in, so I wasn't expecting accents or anything. But every now and then I am reminded that we are not out West anymore. Long-term locals say "Haul-oween" rather than "Hal-oween". But then the other day a mom at Chandler's school said pajama "Pa-JAH-ma". Seriously. I told Jessica about it later and she couldn't repeat the accent without using the accent on her whole sentence. :) So am I the weird one or what?

Anyway... Halloween.

We started off with a trip to a pumpkin patch. Chandler's VPK is run by the local Methodist church. We went to the patch they run. Jessica, Chandler and Benjamin just ran around exploring. Fun times.



Leave it to Michael to pick the most ridiculously massive thing EVER. We could have fit a couple of our children in that thing. (The kids just learned about photo-bombing and have been trying it out ever since).


We carved the Monday before Halloween. It's a good thing we didn't do it any sooner because they were already looking good and fuzzy. It made for an exciting candle-lighting experience.






I feel like such a slacker mom - I didn't take any pictures of trunk-or-treat or any pictures of Danny on Halloween. SLACKER! You'll just have to take my word for it that he was very cute in his pumpkin onesie and his skeleton sleeper. See? I didn't even get him a real costume. Poor neglected child. ;)

Jessica decided to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, Chandler was Captain America for trunk-or-treat and Batman for Halloween, and Ben was a dog. Jessica was super creative and came up with the whole outfit on her own. They got way too much candy, but it's ok because The Great Pumpkin came that night and took it all away anyway. He left some surprises behind. :)




1 comment:

Angela said...

I can't believe how much Danny looks like Jessica. I love that you are blogging again. I think about blogging more regularly all the time. But don't:). Jessica and Tanner are perfect for each other. He was Harry Potter for Halloween and just finished book 5.