Friday, November 8, 2013

Fire Station

Some friends from church have been doing a couple of mommy preschools this year. And although Ben is old enough to participate in the younger group, I decided I needed to keep life a little more simple right now. Next year. But we did join the group for their tour of a local fire station. Let me begin by saying that Ben is afraid of fire trucks. I knew that. But I hadn't realized that it would be more accurate to say that he is totally and completely terrified of anything even remotely having to do with fire trucks. We pulled into the parking lot and he lost it. Like, totally lost it. Crying and screaming and begging to leave! But I'm mean and made him come along anyway. :) It definitely took some time and the good example of his best buddy, but we got him comfortable enough for a walk through the station and some pictures. We had to leave when they turned on the lights on the truck. Not the siren, just the lights. Oh my tender little guy. I love you.

Don't be fooled by the smile...

This is much closer to reality, though it doesn't include the crying and screaming as we walked through the garage to the inside.


Danny thought it was super fun!

I did not expect this picture to take place. Amazing progress.

Thanks to Ben's little buddy, he was willing to jump up on the truck for some pictures of his awesome smile. 

Yes, this is his smile. :)

It's so fun to spend my days with this little guy!

No comments: