Sunday, February 6, 2011

As of Lately

I feel like I've been MIA from the blog for a while, but it really isn't because of anything major.  In fact life has just kind of been going on as usual, without too much exciting to update about.  But here's life for the past little while.


Right before Christmas I found a huge bag of random cars and trucks at a thrift store.  After a great deal of sanitizing, it made an awesome Christmas present for Chandler.  In the lot were two Thomas & Friends trains.  Chandler is now OBSESSED with everything train-related. He carries these two trains around everywhere he goes and is not a big fan of sharing with Jessica. I'm super excited for his birthday in just a couple days where he's getting some Thomas PJs and some wooden track to go with a couple more trains.  Lucky little guy.



Now that I don't spend all day curled up on the couch while the kids run wild, I've tried to get more serious about chores for these two.  Jessica is relatively competent at several jobs, but it takes more creativity to help Chan feel involved.  The solution? A spray bottle filled with water.  He can go to town at a bunch of windows around the house and (sort of) wipe it off with a rag.  He loves it.



 The past week around our house can be summed up in two words: pink eye.  Ugh.  I hate having sick kids.  Jessica's came and went within just a few days, so other than a quick call to the doctor's office, she healed on her own.  Once Chandler starting getting goopy we gave him the same number of days to clear up.  No luck.  It spread to his second eye and was showing no signs of clearing.  Off the doctor we went for some $90 eye drops.  I guess I was thinking with something as common as pink eye the drops would be part of the $4 Wal-Mart Rxs.  Oh well.  That's what insurance is for.

So that's life at the Hales house.  We're coming up on 18 weeks for this little baby.  Sometime in the next couple weeks we should have our ultrasound and know which kiddo will be lucky enough to get bunk beds in the next few years (Jessica SOOO wants it to be a girl and I think this is the main reason).  What say you? Boy or Girl?

8 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

I say girl. It seems like everyone coming up is having girls I know.

Carly said...

I guess girl!! Weren't you WAY more sick with Jessica than you were with Chandler? :)

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

I'm gonna have to go with boy since EVERYONE (including me) is having a boy these days...it's an epidemic! :)

Cheri said...

I also say boy since everyone seems to be having boys (and I was THE sickest with Tanner so I say that's no indication of gender...)

hales said...

I say girl too.

The Weldon Family said...

Congrats on number 3!

Gary and Michelle said...

I say girl. That would make it three for three with great grandchildren this year.

westoverwhatnots said...

I'm going with girl, just to make it even with the boys and girls in the Hales/Wirthlin family.