Thursday, February 10, 2011

2

My little Bubs turned two yesterday.  As I lay next to him at bedtime, he told me that it had been a super fun day.  Here's the run-down.

We started off with a pre-breakfast cookie, that luckily he didn't each much of.  After dropping Jessica off at preschool, Chandler and I headed over to the library to look at their fish pond for like 45 minutes.  He spent another 15 minutes stuffing every remotely interesting looking book into my bag.  I think we came home with well over 15 kids' books.   His favorite so far is The Little Engine That Could.  Trains, of course.

After leftover chicken soup and rolls for lunch (again, his choice), he went down for his last nap with a binky.  Here he is snuggling with Monkey. Yes, that's the monkey's name, and yes, Chandler named him all by himself.


Keeping up with the obsession with trains, Chandler asked for a Thomas the Train cake.  I am not a cake decorator.  I have no cake-shaped pan.  I found some random tutorials online about shaping a cake and decorating it, but it just didn't seem like my skill level.  Then I discovered Wal-Mart had cheap-o mini cakes that included, you guessed it, Thomas.  Usually I think store-bought cakes are a waste of money, but it was WAY less than if I had had to go and buy a bunch of frosting tips/bags or something.  So this is the year of the store cakes.

We let Chandler pick the dinner menu - hot dogs.  OK, I can appreciate a good hot dog, but only under certain circumstances.  Campouts, BBQed, that kind of thing.  It's like 0 degrees outside people.  But Michael braved the cold for his little man and dragged the grill out.


Chandler loved every bite.  He ate two hot dogs, one bun, and a HUGE orange.  This boy can eat when he wants to.



Michael was quite impressed with Chandler's eating skills. 

Next it was present time!  When Jessica turned two, she got a bag of lolly pops for her birthday and she was THRILLED! It's amazing what a couple of years can do.  Chandler did quite well this year. He still only got a couple of presents from us, but they were a little nicer than lolly pops.  :)





Cake time!  Chandler was there when we picked up the cake and it took all of his will-power not to grab it and try to pry off the plastic cover.  He was glad when the moment came.

The frosting was VERY blue and we had lots of blue fingers and faces afterward.


 Yeah, the blue teeth are HOT!

And Chandler did amazingly well without a pacifier last night.  I stayed with him while he fell asleep and he slept until Michael woke up around 6.  No crying and screaming in the middle of the night.

I love my Chandler!

5 comments:

hales said...

Happy Birthday Chandler! And the picture of grilling outside in the snow is priceless.
And blue teeth = happy happy!

K.C. said...

So I love the picture of Chan shoveling cake into his mouth. Priceless.

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Happy Birthday Chan Man!!! Wow, such cute pictures!! Every time I see pics of your handsome little man it makes me soooo happy we are having a boy this time around!! :)

Dad said...

Hey thats my Surf Concepts jacket!!!
-adam

GHFamily said...

What a great day for
Chandler!