Saturday, August 9, 2008

LA Trip Recap

Wow! I am a slacker. This trip happened end of July, but I've been busy with... I dunno, life I guess. :) As most of you know, Michael was accepted into the University of Idaho as a visiting law student for our last year of school. So we checked out what it would cost us to move our stuff up from our storage unit in SD. It was seriously going to be like $2500 +. We were shocked! So we came to the conclusion that we just needed to sell all but the necessities and try and fit our life into one car load. Crazy, I know. But we pretty much just have second-hand type stuff for the most part, so the decision wasn't really that hard. We drove the car down as far as LA, where Michael's parents live, and then the boys went to SD to get everything. I feel REALLY bad that I didn't come too and say goodbye to all of you in SD, but I really didn't think Jessica would deal with another car ride after 14 hours in the car already. I promise at graduation in May I'll make connections! That night we sorted through everything and then did a garage sale/Craig's List sale the next day. Whew!! I am so glad it's over. It was surprising too how easy the sorting process was. I think we were both prepared for it, so there was seriously no drama and disagreements about stuff. That was nice. The next day Michael drove all of our things back up here to Idaho and I stayed and played for a week. FUN!! I had missed the beach, so this was needed. We flew home a few days later, much more relaxed and refreshed.

Jessica LOVES bath time - especially in Grandma's big tub!


Michael's day to try out his new surfboard


The ward was having a Pioneer Day party while we were there.
Aren't the hats hot?


Jessica LOVED celebrating her Papa's birthday. He let her help blow out the candles and everything. She still asks for "Happy Birthday Cake," and one of her new favorite bedtime songs is "Happy Birthday."


Fun at the beach!


Jessica discovered Grandma's lipstick and was having a blast putting it on us. Silly girl! And yes, that should say "S.W.A.K." (sealed with a kiss), not S.W.A.C.K. (which Michael and I decided means "sealed with a crusty kiss."

3 comments:

Dad said...

These scrapbook pages are great. It helps having such an adorable little family.

You will notice grandma is pretty good behind the camera as well. And Adam took the Birthday pictures.

nymanzanita said...

Laura...your pages are ADORABLE! I know you think that the hats are goofy but the Pioneer picture is super cute! I think that the "water baby" and "fun at the beach" pages are my favorite....you are obviously talented at putting it all together! Sandra

hales said...

I miss that little kid!