Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jammy!!!

This is Jan Jorgensen. He plays football (very well) for BYU. I used to be his biology tutor. Nice guy - really. He's actually not as weird as you'd think looking at this picture. When I first met him I thought his name was Jam. Don't ask me why, but I did. So that's what I called him - over and over. He was so nice he didn't even mention it. While Michael and I were in San Diego, BYU held a fireside with the football team. Let's just say that Michael thinks Jan is cool, really cool. Like, he kind of idolizes the boy. :) So when I offered to go up with him after the fireside to say hi, he was just a little (ok, like a LOT) excited. It was pouring rain and we were stuck outside for a while trying to get in. I suggested leaving a couple of times, but I could tell the thought of leaving without meeting his beloved "Jam" vexed Michael greatly. SO we waited and finally got a chance to meet the man himself. Michael still talks about how he "actually got to touch Jan Jorensen!" Now with the start of football season just a couple of weeks away, Michael couldn't be more excited about seeing his good buddy every week. What can I say... my husband is cute. So here's to BYU football and our pal Jammy!

1 comment:

Skylette said...

Go Utes! Lol, sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Friendly rivalry is always great, right?!?!? :)