Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Birthday Time!!

We can't believe it - our little Jessica is 2 years old! Wow! Time flies. I can hardly believe it when I look at her and there is no baby left in her - she's all toddler. We had a pretty mellow celebration since we really don't know enough people for her to have friends over. In the morning she got her big present - a princess couch/chair. It looks like a little love seat and then can fold out into kind of a bed.
We really didn't expect her to actually use it as a bed, but she had insisted since then - she loves it!! It was so cute to see her excitement when she walked out of her room and saw it. Pure joy. Kids are the best! That night we did cake (which she calls "happy birthday cake") and one more present (just some lollipops).

She LOVES to blow out candles on cakes. She had practice in Idaho Falls and in LA, so she was VERY excited about that part. We feel so lucky to have this cute little girl in our family. Happy Birthday Little Bug!


Oh, and the other day I was wanting to do my nails. Jessica decided that sounded like a great idea. So I was dumb and let her do my nails. It was super funny. Of course she had a melt-down when I made her stop and it took me FOREVER to get it all off, but she had a blast, and I guess that's what matters. I just love what a girlie-girl she is.

8 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That is awesome! I love the pedicure she gave you! Ella always wants to paint my nails and I let her get a paint brush wet with a little cup of water and "paint" my nails. She would LOVE to use the real thing! Happy Birthday Jessica!! I was laughing out loud watching the candle blowing video. she is such a crack up! What a sweetie!

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! We love you and miss you and your mommy and daddy. Such a sweet girl.

Laura H. said...

Kristi - you are way smarter than I am. I wish I thought thought of the water thing before I let her do the real thing. Now there's no way she would let me get away with that. Oh well. Live and learn. :)

hales said...

She gets the gold medal in candle-blowing. Hysterical!!

Darger Party of 3 said...

Soooo cute cute cute!! Happy Birthday Jess!!

Skylette said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! I didn't realize her birthday is that close to Luke's! And I know I've said this before, but I will say it again; she just seems older than a two year old!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

AWESOME!! Lookin' GOOD! I love that you let Jessica do your nails...I've done that several times with Azure and ended up with it not only all over ME but all over the carpet as well (until I finally got smart enough to do it on an old blanket)! I'm with ya, I love our girlie girls! Happy Birthday Jessica!!!!! Azure has that exact same little princess couch and LOVES it to pieces! Well worth the money in my opinion! We sure miss you guys!!