Sunday, August 15, 2010

August So Far...

I figured I better get a quick recap on here since we haven't posted for a while. We've been traveling quite a bit since my eye surgery and it's really been a fun month so far. We really got things kicked off when we flew to California for my sister's wedding. Thankfully, there's a new direct flight from Idaho Falls to LAX so that took a lot of headache out of the trip. This is already Chandler's second flight and something like Jessica's eighth. I don't think Laura flew until she was taking college recruiting trips. 


I still see Carly as a little 6 year-old, so it was shocking to find out she was engaged. But Michael Byram is a great guy. The wedding was perfect and we had a great time. All the festivities were awesome. We had a dinner Friday night before the wedding and then the wedding was Saturday morning.  Jessica had a blast the entire time. She was able to play with cousins, get spoiled by her grandparents, and dance essentially the entire weekend.



After the wedding we had the reception at the Westover's house. I can't imagine anyone more generous than they are, especially when I had to go over late at night to drop off supplies. It's also where Laura and I had our reception 6 years ago so it was fun getting back there. It was a busy couple of days, but I was able to get out surfing with my cousin for an hour early Saturday morning before the wedding.







We flew back Sunday and were able to get a little rest after the whirlwind weekend. We had a few days to get back into our routine before we drove to Boise last Wednesday. I had some "continuing legal education" classes to go to so the family came along. While I was in class, they were able to go to a place called Rafiki in the morning where the kids could play.






After lunch they were able to go to a water park in Boise. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of the park, but it was a blast. Jessica had fun going down the "scary" slides (that she probably wasn't tall enough to go down) and body surfing in the wave pool.

After Boise, we had to take off for Salt Lake.


It was hot and the kids needed a little break so we got them push-pops. Sure it made a little mess in the car, but they were in heaven for a few moments. Once in Salt Lake, the kids were able to play with their grandparents while Laura and I went off to celebrate our sixth anniversary.


Jack Johnson was playing so we got some tickets. This was my first concert ever, unless you count Donny Osmond at Stadium of Fire when I was 14 (I don't). I actually got suckered into getting tickets to a Shakira concert in the Dominican Republic, but she got sick and canceled just as the show was set to start. Speaking of the D.R., my buddy Matt and his wife Maggie went with us.



The concert was great and I was excited that Jack played my favorite song, Go On. I was happy since it's not his most popular song, but I think anyone with a little girl who's growing up too quickly might like it. It was a great anniversary.

After driving home on Saturday, Chandler gets nervous every time we get in the car. Poor kid never knows if we're going around the block or on a trip to another state. Lucky for him, we don't have any immediate plans to go anywhere other than a possible camping trip in a couple weeks. But it was all fun and we realize just what a great couple of kids we have.

4 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

One of these days Cousin, you better stop by when you're in SLC! I can't believe Carly's married too~seems like yesterday we were going on the hammerhead at Knott's.

hales said...

Your little mountain goat on the rock wall without a harness . . . that is SO Jessica.

Gary and Michelle said...

We had fun being your table buddies at the dinner. And Katie misses Jessica and all Chandlers cuteness.

Carly said...

I'm so glad Jessica was the dancer during the dinner slidshow! Haha. You guys have been so busy! Glad you've enjoyed it all.