Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We did our own little Thanksgiving this year rather than travel since Michael didn't get much time off. It definitely would have been nice to see everyone, but Michael and I both agreed that it was lots of fun with just our little group as well. No question that it was an improvement over last year. We enjoyed Cornish game hens (prepared superbly by Michael), mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, crescent rolls, fresh veggies, green olives (tradition for Michael's family), sparkling cider, and chocolate pecan pie for dessert.

Michael was the master chef.


Chandler was lovin' it.

Can you believe the size of that bird compared to her?!
I think this leg is all the meat she ate of it though.

I was loving it as well. (Please forgive the "natural" face and hair) :)
And no, I didn't eat that whole thing either. I felt so blessed that day to be with my little family enjoying all of the blessing we have been given. The word "thankful" doesn't even seem sufficient.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Green olives are a tradition? Hmm, I guess I missed that one.

hales said...

Yup -- green olives. And if they're the jumbo kinds with jalapeno peppers inside, all the better!

Laura H. said...

That's what we had. Too bad I couldn't get Laura or Jessica to try them.