Monday, April 6, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

~Michael~
What can I say? He's my best friend and I love him more than I could ever express adequately. He's an amazing father, a wonderful husband and the most hard-working guy I've ever known. I love you babe.

~Jessica and Chandler~
Seriously, have you seen two cuter kids? I love how much they love each other. There isn't a day that goes by that Jessica doesn't ask to hold Chandler and smother him with affection. I really think they'll be best friends.

~Cloth Diapers~
No, not in the way you are thinking. I am a VERY big fan of disposables, but there is nothing better as a burp rag than the cloth ones. Did I mention my babies are ALWAYS spitting up? It's lovely.

~Contacts~
I know I've mentioned this before, but I am the biggest fan of contacts. I feel trapped in glasses and only wear them when absolutely necessary.

~Big Hoop Earrings~
Actually pretty much any earrings I love. There's something about a pair of earrings that makes me feel so much more pretty than I would otherwise.

~Exercise Equipment~
There is something so addictive about exercise stuff. I don't use it as often as I should, but it's so fun to have. Did I mention that I found a pair of 10 lb hand weights for $1 at Goodwill the other day!? Those things are like $15 a piece normally.

~L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara~
Have you seen this? My mother-in-law gave me some and I'm not sure I can ever go back to the regular stuff. It puts these tubes over your lashes so they just pull off rather than smear off. Don't you just hate waking up to black under your eyes even though you thought you'd washed off all of your mascara? Seriously, this stuff is awesome!

~Crayola Washable Crayons~
That's right - washable crayons. 99% of the time Jessica is great about only coloring on those things she's supposed to. But that other 1% of the time is never good. A few months back I found green crayon marks on the bottom of Michael's precious TV. But Crayola makes these awesome crayons that honestly just wash right off. Amazing. They are definitely worth the extra cost.

~Digital Scrapbooking~
I love that I can get all of the stuff for free (other than printing them out). I love that I can use as many cutsie things as I want and it's, once again, free. I love that I can reuse the same page for the family scrapbook and the kid's books too. I love that I don't have to drag out a million boxes and bags of little things just to be able to work for 10 minutes on a page before something interrupts me. I'm not a super-star at it, but I will never go back to the regular way.

~The Internet~
Do I really have to explain? Yes, it can be a time-waster and obviously there's some not so good stuff out there, but I'm not sure what I did before I could Google.

~Cinnamon Crest~

Best toothpaste out there.
~Food~
Specifically, chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, Reese's Puffs cereal, Soup in a bread bowl (and the bread bowl), white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, peanut butter, chips, hmmm... I think I'm noticing a pattern. OK, I love grapes and red peppers too. Does that make me seem more healthy?

~Rubbermaid Containers and other storage solutions~
I am a storage junkie. My dream someday is to have a whole room with a bunch of shelves to just neatly store all of my neatly labeled containers. Recently I've been collecting pictures of things I want in our house someday. I swear 25% have something to do with shelving or cupboards.

~Flip-Flops~
Ahhh... I love summer. But I will wear flip-flops any time of year. I used to get the weirdest looks in high school when I's show up places in flip-flops when there was a foot of snow outside. They are so worth it, especially since Michael introduced me to Reefs. Love them.

~Twilight series and Harry Potter series books~
You can say whatever you want, I love them. The Twilight books are good, make you feel like you're 14 again, fun. And the H.P. ones are great too. I'm not even ashamed to admitt that I love the movies too.

~The Friend Magazine~
Thank you to my big sissy for getting Jessica a subscription. We could seriously spend an hour at a time reading the stories together. She loves it. I love it. It's great to see a two year old freak out when her church magazine comes.

~Thrift Stores~
I am just now realizing the possibilities if you have a little imagination and some skills. I'm think that refinishing furniture (among other things) is a skill I need to develope. Seriously, what some people can buy and with a little spray paint turn into something awesome... I hope to be that person someday.

~My BYU track sweatpants~
I am going to be so sad when these things finally wear out. They are the perfect combination of softness, bagginess, and comfyness. Love them.

I could go on and on. If you're still reading, seriously, I'm impressed. What do you love that I need to love too?

3 comments:

hales said...

Kitchen gadgets are one of my new favorite things. The lemon/lime juicer you guys gave me is the best!
And I love growing my own herbs. I hate buying a bunch or a carton when all I need is a small amount. Gardening makes that so much nicer and less wasteful.
And Cadbury mini eggs . . .

K.C. said...

I concur whole heartedly. The cinnamon crest is my fav, like brushing your teeth with cinnamon bears! I love the Friend too, but I had to give it up since Jake thinks it is weird if I read it and we don't have kids and I am not in primary. I also agree with cadbury mini eggs, we have tried to buy a year supply this Easter. I am serious, we probably have 10 pounds of the things in the freezer. I don't think we will make it a whole year unless a bag gets lost in the bottom of the freezer, but we will probably be good until June. Samoas girl scout cookies, mmmmgood! I also love rubbermaid storage solutions, and home grown herbs. I love the foof (luv sak) although I don't lounge in it as much as I should. I love the sound of rain on the roof. and pie, I love pie. and my new square foot garden!

Cheri said...

I agree with a lot of those. Cinnamon toothpaste, however, makes me gag. I think it tastes too good to be toothpaste, if that makes any sense. Don't love the Twilight series (though I read them all). I love the bread bowls too, with my homemade chicken soup - yumm.

I am loving painting, vinyl lettering, and cute crafts (to make an appearance on my blog someday). :)