Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saying Goodbye

It looks like we're leaving our place here a little earlier than expected - at least the kids and I. We decided to start trying to sell the few things we aren't going to take with us for the move, and that included Jessica's bed. We figured with all of the students around here trying to ditch stuff it would take a while to sell, so she'd only have to be sleeping on something else for a couple nights. But someone called wanting to buy it right away. Michael and I got to talking and decided that I should take the kids early (probably end of this week) and he'd stay until finals were over then fly down to LA, where he'll meet us for graduation before heading back to ID. Crazy, I know. But this way he gets plenty of time to study without distraction and Jessica gets a bed. :) (Don't worry, we wouldn't have made her sleep on the floor if we'd stayed). I already feel sick to my stomach about how much I'm going to miss Michael, but I think it'll be the best thing for his finals. I'm sooo not looking forward to that drive with the kiddos though.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with the drive. I've been planning on taking a road trip, just me and the boys and I can't seem to get the courage to try on such a long drive.

I thought you'd gotten a job in Idaho? Are you spending the summer in LA, or just visiting family until finals are done? Either way, have fun in Cali!

Annette said...

WHAT!?! NOOOOOOOO! I thought we had another month! We will have to play this week.

Kristine said...

I didn't know you were leaving! Good luck with the road trip and to Michael on his finals!

Kim said...

We will miss you guys so much! Poor Molly is absolutely distraught! I didn't think she'd "get it," but she does. So sad. We'll stay in touch though, with your blog. The internet is so nice!