Thursday, September 18, 2008

Midnight Sun

OK, I'll clarify this by saying that I'm a nerd. But it's ok, because I know that a lot of you reading this will understand my nerdiness. I am actually really bummed right now. Here's why: Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight books - or the "sparkly vampire books" as Michael likes to call them) has been working on rewriting Twilight from Edward's perspective rather than Bella's. She posted the first chapter on her website and I was SOO excited for it to get done and published, although I knew it would be a while. I randomly went on her website yesterday. I guess a copy of one of her drafts got leaked and spread all over the Internet. She is so upset she's decided not to finish writing it at all. The only slightly good thing is that she decided to post what she had so that people wouldn't go out looking for the illegally distributed copy. It's really good, but be warned that it definitelly isn't the whole book and it ends at a very annoying part. Anyways, for any of you who want to read it, here's the link. Thanks for putting up with my nerdiness. :)

5 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Hey no nerdiness, I'm there with you! :) I read the draft of Midnight Sun on her web site a few weeks ago and was also annoyed at where it ended. Like I know what happens and all but I was really enjoying it from his part!! I was freaking out as each next page I clicked on and I kept seeing the page number I was on getting closer to the total pages. I was so upset where it ended because I was really looking forward to seeing his point for some of the upcoming events. Hopefully she someday changes her mind and does finish it! It's sad to think one of her friends or colleagues or whoever that she trusted leaked it. Stupid person!!! So it's apparent you're not the only nerdy one since I've been blabbing on about this forever... I'll stop.

Amanda said...

I'm there with you too! David's been really annoyed with me lately because I keep talking about wanting the rest of the story from Edward's perspective. I figure, she'll probably come back to it sometime (I hope) and since she's a fast writer, once she starts it won't be long until it's published, right? Anyway, that's what I'm hoping for...

Angela said...

I read it when I was on vacation and loved it. I think I liked it better than all the other books because it gave it new depth. I love Edward so I loved the book. I did wish there was more. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I guess that would make me a nerd.

Craig Atkinson said...

i know I read it a couple days ago and I was so bumped we didn't even get a kiss or anything juicy....I was like what!!!!!! I mean I knew it wasn't finished but I was thinking more it was done but a bad draft or something...not that it just stopped!!!!! I too was very disappointed and would really much like her to finish it.

Craig Atkinson said...

oops I forgot I was on my husbands account...so the above (craig atkinson was really katy atkinson) don't think HE is a girly nerd. he hasn't read them. :)