Monday, September 22, 2008

Go Cougars!

Now that we can watch BYU football at home, Jessica and I were able to start our own little tradition this year. Because it involves running, singing, and a little celebratory dancing (but not too much celebration), she loves it. Here's the deal - after every BYU touchdown, we'll run around the couch singing the BYU fight song ("Rise and Shout") topping off the gala with this...




Well if you've been watching BYU this year, you know that we've done this a few times, and by a few times, I mean 24 times, and I worry that Jessica might just be getting a little tired of it. As such, I better get this posted now just in case our little daddy-daughter tradition doesn't make it past the November 22 shellacking of that "little brother" university. Speaking of which...

Right before leaving Idaho Falls this summer, I found my office in complete disarray.

Wow, and it's not like I did anything to deserve this either except put a little "Lord's University" sticker on a co-worker's car window. I called it my daily service project.

Well I definitely got one-upped, but don't worry Sky, I'll be back in December during the break so we can watch the Utes in the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl as they take on the ever mighty UTEP Miners. Oh I love football season.

6 comments:

Jon said...

Dear Brother! My Mom always taught me that if I can't say something nice I shouldn't say anything at all. So this is me not saying anything about corrupting your child, or the real outcome of the game between the University founded by Joseph Smith, and the "School down south".

I'll just leave it at, I love you with as much love as a Ute can have for a kitty cat.

Bill said...

Personally Michael, I think you and Laura are doing a GREAT job raising Jessica. I also think we can await with great confidence on the outcome of the upcoming conflict between the school which is led by living prophets, and the one which has to look back 200 years for prophetic leadership. (I'm sorry, I really should learn to play nice on other peoples blogs.) We love you Michael, Laura and Jessica (and you too Jon)! :D

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Hahahaha...that's adorable!! Azure just made me play it seven times in a row and keeps saying, "More, more, play that again! More Jessica!" Haha, so cute!

hales said...

Oh my gosh -- these comments are hysterical. And Jessica is WAY too cute. She needs to go to a game in person. The game last Saturday was awesome and she would have loved singing the fight song with thousands of people. Go BYU!!

Skylette said...

Hahaha, how can I argue with that cuteness? What are you going to do though when dear sweet Jessica comes to you and says, "Mom and Dad, please don't disown me, but my heart bleeds red, not blue..." She'll sing blue for you now, but she'll grow up one day. :)

Laura H. said...

Don't worry Sky. If that ever happens, I'm sure Luke will step in and convince her that her heart remains blue through and through. What can I say, you raised that kid right!