Monday, November 19, 2007

So Thankful

With Thanksgiving coming up, I just felt like it was appropriate to think about the things that I'm thankful for. There are so very many. Here are just a few.

  • Family - I couldn't live without Michael and Jessica. They are my strength and they make me understand what true love really is.
  • The gospel - I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful for the peace and knowledge it gives me.
  • An education - Finishing my college degree was a little bit of a challenge at the end, but I'm so glad that I did; it was well worth it.
  • Being an American - I know that I take for granted the fact that I live in this country. We are so blessed to have all of the wonderful benefits that come along with that.
  • Nashunda - She's a good little car. She has a lot of miles on her, but she's treated us well and (hopefully) will for a few more years.
  • Mascara - It's the wonder makeup product. You can put it on and feel semi-ok about leaving the house. :)
  • Flip flops - It always makes me smile to put them on, especially during winter time.
  • Cameras/pictures - I love looking back on all the great memories I have.
  • The Internet - I couldn't live without it. Need I say more?
  • Contacts - I feel so trapped when I have to wear my glasses (weird, I know), so I'm so glad I have my contacts instead.
  • Law school is almost half-way over - I don't think I need to expound. I am soo happy about this one.
  • Hot pink nail polish on my toes - It is just fun.
  • All of the things listed in "My Favorite Things" in the sidebar of this blog.
  • Parks - Who knew they could be so much fun?
  • Snow - I didn't realize how much I missed it until we decided to spend Christmas up where there will be some.
  • Stars - I've always loved staring up at them. Soooo pretty!
Well, there are lots more. But this is good for here. I am such a blessed, lucky person.

4 comments:

Amberlynn said...

You are so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

Thank you for the reminder to be grateful. You'll never know how much it was needed. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Babe, you're so cute. I can't wait to give you a kiss when I get home.

Kate said...

hi laura! it's me, kate. kyle and noah are napping so i had a minute to myself. i like your thankful list, you inspired me to do the same! i hope we get to see you guys again soon--you are a cute family!