Friday, November 2, 2007

Vampires and turkeys

I've known for a while that I talk in my sleep. It doesn't happen very often, especially not anymore, but apparently it does still happen. But I'll get to why that's pertinent in a second.

A few days ago I finished a book called "Twilight." When I first heard about the premise I was beyond skeptical. Girl meets vampire. Vampire wants to suck girl's blood. Girl and vampire fall in love. And even after finishing the book and explaining it to Michael I have to admit it is very cheesy and dumb sounding. But it is so not. I love this book! The name of the girl is "Bella" and vampire boy is "Edward." Which brings me back to the whole "talking in my sleep" thing.

When I woke up this morning Michael looks over at me with such a cute, almost laughing, smile. "Why were you making snow with Edward?" I guess sometime in the night I started talking about how I had made snow with Edward (the vampire) and I was very upset because the judges only gave us 6/10 on our snow. Wow. I don't even remember having a dream last night, much less such an exciting vampire snow-making dream. Michael is so good to put up with my craziness.

In other news, I finished decorating for Thanksgiving yesterday. My decorations for all holiday, are limited, but this was especially so. So I did a little bit of improvising. I found Thanksgiving coloring pages online and colored them. Then I "laminated" them with packaging tape. White-trash? Yes. But it turned out ok.

But I did have a few non-homemade things. So I put those around our place too.


And of course no post would be complete without a few pictures of Jessica. These are of some super funny faces she makes now. We haven't been able to get them on camera until these. But they're still not exact.



4 comments:

Jon said...

That last one is such an awesome picture of Jessica! I miss you guys! See you in December!

K.C. said...

Laura, that is just weird. I dreamed that Jake and I were traveling throw a garbage filled sewer with Hilo from Battlestar Galactica (we just finished season 2.0 so don't tell me what happens!)and then a giant albino anaconda ate Hilo. But making snow with a vampire, that is weird. I like your white trash decorations. A good one is to cut the top off a pumpkin and put a fall colored mum plant inside. It looks cool. Jessica might eat it, put that is what poison control is for! :)

Rumsey's said...

Those are awesome stories about the snow-making. . . haha! Talk to y'all later!

J-me Boyce said...

hmmm... at least your dreams with Edward were nice and innocent :) Your someday list made me laugh.. I dream that someday I won't know for A FACT that someone will be going though our garbage everyday!