Sunday, February 5, 2012

Magic!

Friday night we decided to take the kids to their first pro-basketball game - Orlando Magic vs Cleveland Cavaliers. Michael went to see the LA Clippers sometimes growing up and I went once to a Charlotte Hornets game while visiting a friend in Jr. High, but neither of us had been recently. We were worried about how the kids would be, but they LOVED every minute, even Benjamin.  We were one row from the very top, but it was a blast! Go Magic!






In other news, I've been keeping up with my recently acquired cookie decorating obsession.  Some I did just for fun and to practice:

At church I helped with a get-together for all of the kids who will turn 8 and be baptized this year. I made a TON of these cookies for those kids and their families.


Jessica and I decided to make mini cookies as Valentine's treats for her class.  We froze those to decorate later and then decorated the extras for us.

And finally, we're bringing cookies to some friends who are doing a Super Bowl thing. 
Here are a few of them.

It's been fun!

5 comments:

Carly said...

holy cow- you've got skills! those cookies are awesome looking!

K.C. said...

I totally agree with Carly. You have some mad cookie decorating skills and the patience of a saint. Most of my sugar cookies never make it to the frosting stage.

Brooke said...

Fast Sunday was a bad time to look at this post :)

hales said...

Those cookies are amazing!!

As for the game, it doesn't look like there are a lot of fans in attendance. They wouldn't let you move down?? (Or maybe it was a lot more fun up there.)

GHFamily said...

You have to teach a cookie decorating class!