Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Fun

This is the first year that Jessica has really been able to enjoy all of the fun things that go on at Easter time. She didn't get an Easter basket today (I bought our Easter candy too early, so we've had our "baskets" for the past couple weeks). On Friday our apartment complex held an egg hunt. They were everywhere! Jessica really loaded up. She was so funny though - she'd find a few and then stop to open them up and see what was inside. So funny.

On the Hunt



Taking a break to look at her loot.

On Saturday our Primary had an Easter party. They invited nursery kids too. They had lots of fun crafts and an egg hunt there also. And once again she insisted on checking out her basket every egg or so.
Coloring a paper Easter egg


After having her face painted as a bunny - so cute!


Prepping for egg hunt #2


Another break.

Jessica's good buddy Peterson had been out of town all week. She sure missed him at story time and play group. She was SO happy to see him at this party. We literally couldn't keep her away from him.


This morning I told Jessica that she would get to go to church today and see Peterson. "and Tanna?" she asked. (Her other good friend Tanner). "Yep, and Tanner," I said. "A hug?" she asked me. "Umm, yeah, you can give them a hug." "A kiss?" she asked. Oh dear...

Needless to say, it's been a fun Easter break for us. Now I just need to figure out how to give "the talk" to a 1 year old. :)

4 comments:

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

She looks like she had the time of her life. I love it! Already a flirting with the boys. Michael, maybe you ought to see if Bob will let you use his machete :-)

Bekah and Lance said...

She is just to darn cute!! That's great that she's in no hurry and stops to check out her eggs. Kissing all the boys huh, did she learn that from her mommy?! ;) j/k

Ashley said...

I am so glad that you found me!! I was so excited to see you. Your family is so Cute!! Your little girl I think looks exactly like you, she is a sweetheart! So you guys are living in California? Is that right! How much longer does your husband have in law school? Did you graduate with an accounting degree? I know so many questions but I haven't heard from you in like FIVE years!!
I miss you and love you!! Keep in touch!
Love,
Ashley (Gwynn) Jenks

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

HOW FUN!! That picture of Jessica kissing Peterson is just priceless!! I didn't know that the nursery kids were invited to the primary activity!! Whoops! Azure would've loved it because she has now discovered the JOY of hunting eggs! Haha, it's so fun now that she's understanding holidays and all this sort of stuff!