Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Wow! What a fun day! Our whole break has been lots of fun so far. Jessica has just fallen in love with everything. Michael has been loving spending more time at the law firm. I'm so glad he likes the work he does. Today was great, but I'll start with a few things I've missed. A week ago was my (Laura's) birthday. 23 - that seems old, but I know how silly that must sound to most people. :)
I think I look pretty silly - but I got em all on my first try! :)

As I've mentioned before, Jessica LOVES the snow. I'm so glad we got a picture of the first time she tasted snow.

"Nummy!!"

We also went sledding the other day. Jessica had fun for a little while. I think she just liked being with her Uncle "Nonny" (Jonny).

Jonny and Jessica

Michael, Laura, and Jessica


Like I said, Christmas morning was fun. Even though I got all of Jessica's presents at the dollar store, I think I got too much. She would have been thrilled with just a couple of things. The most excited she got was when I emptied out her stocking and told her it was "candy." She started dancing and giggling. So funny!

"Candy! Yea!"

Michael and I were pretty funny gift-givers. We each got each other exercise videos. :) We had each mentioned wanting that type of thing at some point, so we weren't mad or anything. We just thought it was hillarious. Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful gifts. We love them all! Here are just a few more pictures of the morning (Jessica, of course).

Michael has been really funny this break about the snow. Growing up in Southern California he never really had much contact with snow. He has LOVED shovelling the sidewalks and driveways. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, he's out there as soon as there's a trace. Too funny. This morning my parent's next door neighbor came out with his snow-blower and "let" Michael use it. I love my silly man. :)

Who smiles this much shovelling?

During Jessica's nap today, Michael, Jonny (my brother), and I went outside to make a snow adventure for Jessica. We built tunnels and mounds and trails all through my parent's back yard. Poor Michael had never had the experience building snow forts and stuff. I'm so glad I'm giving him some real world experience. :) Jessica loved it when she woke up.

This one has got to be my favorite. She thought the tunnel was hillarious, but she wouldn't go through - even after I showed her how. Cutie.

Here we just plopped her in a pile of snow. She thought it was hillarious.


We've had a great Christmas so far. It really is so much more of a fun holiday with a little Jessica-bug running around.

1 comment:

Amberlynn said...

Laura, I think you are just too cute with all your snowman building and snow forts for Jessica! Such a fun mom! I have to admit I don't think I would do that (the snow fort, that is). I HATE being cold. If you think 23 feels old, just wait till you reach 29! I can't believe that I'll be 30 next year! But I still feel 23 at heart, does that count? Anyway, Happy Birthday. It looks like you guys are just having a great time with your family. Merry Christmas. It's 7 o'clock and we still have not had our Christmas yet. Judd is working at the hospital. When he get home, we'll have our, "Christmas Morning."