Thursday, July 26, 2007

Our summer so far ... a catch-up

So I've always been kind of annoyed at the people who only seem to have lives through their kids. But looking at what I've written in this loverly little blog of ours, I realize I'm one of those people. But that's ok. Jessica is the cutest thing EVER and there's always something to write about when it comes to her. Me... not so much. But I'm working on that one. :)

A lot has happened this summer that I haven't really had a chance to write about, so here's an attempt. Hopefully it won't be too much of a reality check of how little we actually do. Our goal before we left San Diego was to make this the most fun summer ever. Well, we're still working on that one, but it's been fun.

On our way to Idaho we had to stop off in Provo to get BYU fudge and go to J-Dawgs (the BEST hot dog place ever! - yes, hot dogs are fabulous). Even Jessica had a good time.


Yum... J-Dawgs!

Jessica has turned into a little fish. We got her a kiddie pool and she loves to just sit there with her toys and splash. Surprisingly she doesn't even seem to care that her face is dripping wet by the time I make her get out.


In her pool - soooo happy!

She started converting the splash trick to bath-time too. Luckily she enjoys her baths, so no complaints about a little splashing.


Jessica is just waiting for the tub to fill up so the splashing can begin!

These past couple of weeks we've taken her to the city pool and she has had a blast! She made friends with a two year old boy who was learning to jump off the edge into his mom's arms. She caught on way too quick. Michael would hold her hands as she stood on the edge and she'd walk right off the edge. Wow. She's brave. I am sooo not a fish; I'm not sure I could even call myself a swimmer. That was another one of our goals for this summer - teach Laura how to swim. It's a work in progress, but I'm improving. 22 and can't swim - I know, pretty lame. But I'm improving. Michael says I need to be dive certified soon so we can vacation in Belize. Hmmm... we'll see.


Jessica and Michael at the Aquatic Center.

We went to Yellowstone National Park in June. Michael had never been and I was pretty little the last time. We saw a TON of buffalo and geysers and all those lovely things. Pretty cool.


A geyser at Yellowstone.

We've (well, Michael mostly) taken up golf this summer. His firm will randomly decide to have everyone take a half day off and do a mini-golf tournament. Too funny. Michael played in high school, but we decided it would be good to brush up. So we got him some clubs and we go out to the driving range every now and then. Michael's getting better and better; I can hit the ball sometimes. :)

I discovered a park near my parent's place has baby swings, so Jessica and I tried it out one day. Hmmm... I think we'll need to try in a couple months.


She was not a big fan of the swings. A little too scary. :)

Jessica may be scared of swings, but she's no softy. This summer she's earned the nickname "Destructo." She will destroy anything in her path. Silly little girl.

I got to see one of my best friends from high school and my freshman roommate this summer. She's living and working in D.C., so we haven't seen each other in forever. It's crazy how different our lives have ended up. She is one of the coolest people I know.



Laura and Stephanie (high school friend and freshman year roommate).

Wow, hopefully that's enough of an update. Maybe now it seems like something's happening with my life. :) But we still have lots left to make this "the best summer ever."

No comments: