Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An Update

Just like last time, here's a throw-down of everything that's been going on since I last posted.  We're still loving things, despite the increasing heat.

Father's Day - I love the M&M bow tie... too cute.

Downtown Disney... again.  After giving the kids some ideas and options for our Saturday activity this was their top choice.  We were a little baffled b/c last time, although it was fun, was also hot and tiring for them.  But off we went, riding the ferry boat to the other side this time.


Chandler, as always, was constantly wanting something to drink. Sorry for the blur.

Florida State.  We went along with Michael to a hearing he had up in Tallahassee.  Before playing at the hotel pool that night, Michael took us to the Florida State football stadium.  Unbelievable!  I have never seen anything quite like it.  Huge, but also really, really nice as stadiums go.

Bike Parade. This past Saturday our ward had a bike parade and breakfast. Jessica loved every second and I lost track of how many times she circled the route.  Chandler was thrilled just to walk and wave his little flag.



Book Worm.  I love that my kids love books.  It's always fun to walk in on them "reading" to themselves.  This morning I woke up to Chandler singing/reading Old MacDonald in his room.  Love it!


Fourth of July! For the most part our 4th of July was pretty laid back.  We drove down to the beach, but it was so ridiculously crowded (duh) that we just came home to play in the pool instead.  But we finally did something we've been talking about for years... I let Michael get a new surfboard.  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures to post once it's ready in a couple weeks.  That night we went and watched the local fireworks.  It was fun, but we were all exhausted by the end and ready to go home to bed.  Jessica said her favorite were the orange ones and Chandler (not surprisingly) liked the green ones, although in reality he was pretty scared of all of them b/c of the noise.


Baby.  I wish there was more to report on this front.  I'm not even 39 weeks yet, but man I feel ready.  I'm sure part of that has to do with the fact that in relation to due date, Chandler would have been born last Saturday.  Jessica was a week early.  So I know I'm expecting/hoping for an early baby this time around too, but I should probably stop that.  The longer he can get bigger and stronger the better... I guess.  :) And we're still up in the air on names, so any suggestions would be just lovely. 

3 comments:

hales said...

Wait -- I already have a surfboard name plaque for him! I would have to go shopping again if it changed!

GHFamily said...

Our family is partial to the name "Michael"

K.C. said...

You should get Chandler a camelbak and then he can carry his drink with him where ever he goes!