Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween

 We had a super great, super fun Halloween.  Friday night our church had a "trunk-or-treat" party.  Jessica was only 2 the last time she'd been trunk-or-treating, so she had no idea what she was supposed to do.  Chandler had never even been trick-or-treating before.  They both figured it out really fast.  Their candy haul just from that was impressive.  Saturday night was the big night though.  Since our city is about 30% LDS or so, it's not at all uncommon to do trick-or-treating Saturday night when Halloween falls on a Sunday.  I think anyone who doesn't have a problem with Sunday trick-or-treating is just happy to have two days worth.  Chandler could not believe what was happening.  He's usually a pretty reserved guy, but man, pretty quick he was the first one up to each door with his bucket held out, giggling.  I kept asking them if they were cold or ready to be done.  Nope.  We were out there over an hour.  I had to drag them back inside.  I actually confiscated a good chunk of their candy to use as stocking stuffers.  Oh yes I did.


4 comments:

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

Love it. Plus, they'll never miss the candy they eventually get, right?

GHFamily said...

Once again, looking at pictures of your kids make me smile!

Bekah and Lance said...

Cute puppy. Looks like the same pattern that I made for Carter....I just had to try and make his a lot smaller! :)

Carly said...

Let me guess, Michael confiscated another large portion of their candy for himself? ;-)