Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Busy Weekend

This past weekend sure was crowded. Thursday morning we drove to Boise for the swearing-in ceremony. Michael is official now. :)


Afterwards we celebrated at PF Changs. Mongolian Beef and Seared Lamb - YUM!



We took the next morning slow and just played at the hotel pool.



It wasn't long before we wished we'd left a little earlier as we were stuck in traffic on our way to the BYU-Utah State game in Provo with Michael's parents that evening. Luckily we were only a little late. It was great to be back at Lavell Edwards Stadium to cheer on our Cougs!


Saturday morning we dropped Jessica and Chandler off with my parents in SLC (they're serving a Church/Family History mission there) and we were able to go to General Conference for our church. I love being there to hear the prophet speak. Amazing!


After a quick lunch with my parents we were back to our hotel in Provo to listen to the afternoon session. We got together for dinner with some family from the Hales side. Ruby River Steakhouse - Delish!


That evening, while the men were off at priesthood session Michael's mom, sister, and I went shopping. I love this tradition. But honestly, I'm useless shopping without Michael. I can never find anything I love for a price I want to pay. Michael can go into one store and find 10 things for me that are perfect. But I did get a cute pair of black peep-toe heels.

The next day we listened to the Sunday morning session at the hotel then went back up to SLC to my parent's place. We did lunch there again. The weather was iffy, so we decided to head home after that.

It was a busy weekend, but a great one!


In other news, Michael's firm has decided it would be good to have someone licensed in Nevada (something about it being better to incorporate businesses there). So it looks like Michael will be taking the Nevada Bar exam in February. I'm so not excited.

6 comments:

Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Congratulations again to Michael. I hope he does well on Nevada's bar exam (I'm sure he will). We can't wait to see you guys soon. You're going to be in Idaho for Christmas, right? If you are, we need to make plans to get together. Love you all.

GHFamily said...

Geez, that just made me tired! How fun for you!

Amanda said...

Congrats to Michael! What a fun, hectic weekend! So, after he takes the Nevada Bar, does that mean you'll be moving there?

Laura H. said...

No, we don't have any plans to move to Nevada. Michael will just be able to do more types of things here for more types of clients.

hales said...

I'm still crossing my fingers for the California bar. Come on -- what's one more test??

Kim said...

Wow, sounds like a fun weekend! And of course you got cute shoes: you're the QUEEN of cute shoes!