Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego Fires

I just thought I'd let everyone not around here know that we are doing just fine. San Diego County has a lot of areas burning right now, but we're more in the city, so no problems for us other than a lot of smoky air. Michael is off right now helping out at the Bishop's Storehouse. It's incredible to see how people come together in the face of tragedy. Below is a map of the area. The pink dot is about where we live, just to give you an idea of the big picture.


This next picture is a NASA satalite picture of all the smoke and dust. Pretty wild.


But like I said, we're fine. Jessica keeps handing me her shoes, wanting to go outside. Poor thing. I wish I could explain why we have to stay inside all day. But thanks for all the phone calls asking about us. Please keep those affected by this in your prayers.

No comments: