Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Proud to be an American

As some of you may know, my sister's husband has been deployed on an Air Craft Carrier with the navy for the past 7 months. (They've only been married 8 months). Monday the USS John C. Stennis pulled into San Diego! So my sister (Karen) had me come along with her to welcome Jake and the rest of the troops home. Wow! What an incredible experience! Just watching it pull up with all of the sailors and Marines lined up on the deck was so powerful. I just about lost it when they started playing the national anthem. When I think of the sacrifices that our military and their families have to make in order to defend the freedoms we enjoy, it truly makes me proud to be an American. Welcome home Jake! We love you and we missed you!


My sister Karen and her Jake. :)

No comments: